29 June 2010

The New American Idol, Lee DeWyze

at 3:26 PM


Soon after Lee DeWyze won the title of American Idol, he opened up on a press call. The Mount Prospect, Illinois native talked about his new album, meeting other Idols, and more.

Lee never compromised who he was throughout the grueling competition. “Whether it is on the show or on camera or off the camera, I stay true to myself,” Lee stated.
“I really wanted my experience on the show to be about me and my performing and my music. I think I can connect with an audience because I know what it's like to be on the other side of it and I really remember all of that. I know what it's like to be starting, trying to do something and have a goal and trying to reach it…For me, it's just about that moment when I was up there and I put my emotions in every song. I connect with every song, as best I can, and the audience.”

The winner signed a deal with 19 Recordings/RCA Records, and is beginning to think about his album. Lee said, “I'm really looking forward to the new album I'll be making now…I'm about being as original as I can and to stay true to myself. This experience has given me a platform. It's really on a major scale, making an unbelievable album. That's really what I'm looking forward to right now…I get to take time on it. The show is interesting because you go each week and you have a song, and you're given this much amount of time. I'm the kind of person that when I'm on stage I like to build up to something. But, you know, we get a minute and a half and that's the game. That was the challenging part of it all. So, for me, I'm just excited to get on the big stage and really put on a performance, put on a show without time limits, without judging and going through the process that I did really helped because those are like the scariest conditions to be under, being judged by people in front of national television. It's a rough thing to do. But I'm psyched to make a new album, and I'm really looking forward to it.”

Throughout his run on the show and at the finale, Lee was able to talk to some of the past American Idol Finalists and he said, “They've been really amazing. Like, Adam Lambert was awesome on the show because he's a real genuine guy. He's original and I like him. He's got a good attitude and everything. I think he's real and he says it how it is. I like that about him. I got to talk to David Cook a little bit. He's one of the nicest guys I’ve ever met in my life. I've noticed a trend throughout all the Idols – that they're very genuine people and they all know what it's like to be on the other side of it, like where I was at. I got to talk to Kris Allen, Ruben, I actually saw Carrie for a little bit at the Idol party. She was so supportive…I just look to them for inspiration. They've been through the same process and they've been able to make their marks on music the same way I want to make my mark on music. So, talking was really helpful because it kind of gave you the sense of direction and how it's all going to go from here. So to see that they've been successful is really awesome. I met Chris Daughtry too and he is just a cool guy. Again, just down-to-earth and original and I can relate to that. So I'm just looking forward to working with all these guys and talking to them and hopefully forming some cool relationships.”

What’s next for the American Idol? The American Idols LIVE! 2010 Tour, of course! “I'm going to be doing the tour and also recording at the same time, which is going to be intense but it's going to be fun. The fans, not just at home – everywhere – they've been just so awesome and if it wasn't for them I wouldn't be here….I’ll be all over the place. I'm definitely going to make my rounds in Chicago as often and as much as I can.”

I'm very appreciative of this whole experience and American Idol and what it's done for me and what opportunities it's given me. Thank you to my fans that voted, fans of the show, my friends, my family, the production staff on American Idol, all the people at 19 that have been helping me and the people that were behind the scenes – no one that I would ever get to see and meet. It's just that they have done so much that the producers, the production and everybody, and to Crystal, because it could have been her up there. It could have been either one of us and she is just an amazing person, an amazing mom, a great artist. I know she'll be successful and I wish her the best and all the other contestants on the show. I'm really close to all of them. I really hope the best for all of them and I know they hope the best for me. The tour's going to be fun. Thank you to everybody…I appreciate it.”

Catch Lee as he headlines the American Idol tour all summer long. Click here for dates, venues, and links to buy tickets.

0 comments on "The New American Idol, Lee DeWyze"

 

Liong Magazine Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez